Bath celebrates “Mayfair” Saturday, May 5th
Bath will celebrate the Rites of Spring on Saturday, May 5th, during Main Street Bath’s 10th annual Mayfair event.
The day will begin with yard sales from 8am – noon in City Park on Washington Street and at private locations city-wide.
Participating yard sales will have flyers with address and item listings to help guide shoppers in their hunt for bargain.
The rain location for non-profits will be the Elks Club on Lambert Street.
Other deals can be found from 9am – 3pm in the Big Tent Sale in downtown’s municipal parking lot on Water Street, and at sidewalk sales at downtown shops all day long.
Free family activities include:
- sidewalk chalk art drawing with Bath’s Art Van from City Hall, and
- Maypole dancing with live music on the lawn of the Customs House from 11am – 2pm.
Bath’s new trolley will be unveiled at 10am in front of City Hall at 55 Front Street and offer free rides to the public from 10am-3pm.
At the Bath Train Station and Visitors Center, there will be a petting zoo of baby goats as well as Main Street Bath yard sale items.
Shoppers and families can take part in a Downtown Scavenger Hunt as they enjoy the festivities. Participants will be entered in a drawing to win a $25 Gift of Bath gift certificate.
Other downtown activities include:
- opening day of the outdoors Bath Farmers Market at Waterfront Park from 8:30am-noon;
- a 5-year anniversary celebration at The Library Bookstore on Front Street from 10am – 4pm, with a children’s story-hour at 10:30am, door-prizes, and refreshments;
- a Cinco de Mayo celebration with drink specials, free munchies, party favors and more from 4pm to 7pm on the Kennebec Tavern’s riverfront patio; and
- Enter the Haggis in concert at the Chocolate Church Arts Center at 7:30pm.
There will also be a 5-mile Trail Run, “The Murph” along Whiskeag Trail to help raise funds for Fields for Our Future, with registration from 8-9:30am at the Bath YMCA on Centre Street.
For more information or to download a list of yard-sale vendors, visit the Main Street Bath website at www.visitbath.com or call us at 442-7291.
Mayfair activities are generously supported by our event sponsors, Maine Hosting Solutions, MW Sewall, Key Bank, Café Crème, Edward Jones Investments, Now You’re Cooking and the Kennebec Company, and by our season event sponsor, Bath Savings Institution.
Category: Fairs & Festivals